Monday 2 July 2012

Train Pain

I thought I could do it, and by "it" I mean.. be a proper commuter.  I'm not doing too badly, but I am fundamentally flawed in that people just annoy the hell out of me.

I've tried plugging in my iPod and letting the music take me to another place.  But that place is also that of rage and annoyance.  If I know someone is annoying, I can still sense their annoying-ness through my tightly shut eyelids.  I'm gonna have severe wrinkles.  I think my only option is to arrive at the platform with my eyes closed, earbuds firmly in, fumble onto the train and remain sans sight until my stop is announced.

Surely rail journeys should be a time of quiet reflection?  Were the journeys of yesteryear so bloody annoying?  Although, we didn't have smart phones, laptops, iPads and the like to contend with.  Which makes me sound really old, I was born in the 80's so I'm no OAP.

I can't seem to switch off from people on the train and I don't know why.  The slightest things enrage me, make my blood boil and cause me to become lairy and outwardly rude.  I've decided that the only way I can deal with it, is to publicly vent, I refuse to accept that I'm the only intolerant passenger.

So now I share with you, my Train Pain.




No comments:

Post a Comment